My primary goal as a teacher of bassoon is the fostering of a lifelong love of music. I work to help my students individually master the most difficult aspects of the bassoon and to feel confident making music with the instrument. Every lesson includes instruction and discussion on tone production, musicality, scales, articulation, intonation, reed adjustment, music theory and history, and current trends. Although bassoon is generally thought of as a classical instrument, all genres are welcomed. My students are encouraged to explore not only bassoon repertoire, but to branch out into the libraries of cello, trombone, tuba, and bass in the quest for interesting pieces to tackle.
- All lessons are 45-60 minutes for $40/session.
- Discounted lessons available and scholarships available through MusicLinkFoundation.org.
- Reeds provided and individually adjusted at low cost of $10/reed.
- Afternoons/early evening on Monday thru Friday (see Calendar for more details).
- All ages, from 5th grade thru post-college from my home studio in central Tucson over Zoom, until the Covid-19 quarantine relaxes.
- Cassandra is also registered with