My primary goal as a teacher of bassoon is the fostering of a lifelong love of music. I work to help my students individually master the most difficult aspects of the bassoon and to feel confident and find ease in making music with the instrument. Every lesson includes instruction and discussion on tone production, musicality, scales, articulation, intonation, reed adjustment, music theory and history, as well as current trends. Although bassoon is generally thought of as a classical instrument, all genres are welcome. My students are encouraged to explore not only bassoon repertoire, but to branch out into the libraries of cello, trombone, tuba, bass, and even flute in the quest for music that ensnares their interest.
- All lessons are 45-60 minutes for $40/session, first lesson free.
- Discounted lessons available and scholarships available through MusicLinkFoundation.org.
- Reeds provided and individually adjusted at low cost of $10/reed.
- Afternoons/early evening on Monday thru Friday (see Calendar for more details).
- All ages, from 5th grade thru post-college from my home studio in central Tucson over Zoom, until the Covid-19 quarantine relaxes. Post-Covid options include: Zoom/Online, my home studio, Music & Dance Academy of Tucson, and Casas Adobes Congregational Church.
- MusicLink Foundation is an organization dedicated to connecting students with teachers through scholarships and assistance and Cassandra is happy to help you should you need assistance or support in finding lessons for your student. The world needs more bassoonists!